Roma Access Program
Rok za prijavu: 11.06.2012.
|Kontakt institucija:||Central European University|
|Razina studija:||poslijediplomski studij|
|Područje studija:||društvene znanosti|
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2012/2013
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR ROMA STUDENTS
Roma Access Program
Application deadline: June 11th, 2012
The Roma Access Program at Central European University is pleased to announce its call for applications for the academic year 2012/13.
Central European University (CEU) is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. Our students come from over 110 countries and our faculty from more than 30. CEU is accredited both in the United States and in Hungary. With the financial support of the Roma Education Fund, VELUX Foundation, and the Open Society Roma Initiatives, CEU is offering a 9-month Preparatory Course for promising young Roma from Central and Eastern Europe.
The goal of the Roma Access Program (RAP) is to prepare promising Roma youth to compete for places of study at CEU and other post-graduate programs in recognized universities. RAP seeks to attract students with a special interest in the social sciences and humanities. RAP will:
- Prepare Roma students for their chosen field of study through intensive classes in the fields of Gender Studies, International Relations and European Studies, Law/Human Rights, Political Science, Public Policy, or Sociology (additional disciplines may be offered)
- Raise their English to a level adequate for post-graduate study through intensive English language training
- Train them in post-graduate level academic writing and study skills
- Involve them in the core degree programs of CEU (participation in CEU Master’s level classes)
- Prepare students to serve as role models in their communities and beyond
- Work to build strong Roma youth leadership in terms of skills, knowledge, pride and commitment for the betterment of Roma communities.
RAP is open to young Roma from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Kosovo, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
All successful applicants will be awarded full scholarships—covering travel, tuition and fees, housing, health insurance, study materials, and living expenses.
June 11th, 2012
For the detailed requirements please check: https://rap.ceu.hu/
Aplication form (45 kb)