Why Should I Support Scholarships.info?
The Institute for the Development of Education (IDE), a non-governmental and a non-profit organization, launched the portal Scholarships.info (Stipendije.info) on September 30, 2005.
We created the portal because we believe that scholarships:
- Ensure equal educational opportunities for all individuals
- Remove barriers in accessing higher education for students from underprivileged backgrounds such as persons with disabilities, minority groups and students from lower-income families
- Directly influence the number of university graduates and the social and economic development of the society on the whole
- Provide direct opportunities for academic mobility
The core mission of the portal Scholarships.info is to:
- Extend the information on scholarships opportunities to a wide audience, and especially to the underserved social groups
- Promote equity in accessing higher education
- Encourage study abroad opportunities and international exchange
- Address the issue of insufficient need-based financial aid for the underprivileged students and stimulate granting of the need-based scholarships
- Encourage public, private and economic sector to invest in exceptional and underprivileged students through scholarships
- Contribute to a greater transparency of the scholarship competitions